Sunday, January 18, 2009

OK. Now get me out of here.


I guess I'm just going to post an image in this update. There really isn't too much to say about this image, except to echo what I said in my last post: It pays to keep your eyes open.

That, and it looks to me that at least one of these kids stopped having fun briefly, a little while ago.

This shot was made during routine coverage of a middle school basketball tournament on Saturday. It's kind of a neat tournament. There really aren't any medals or prizes given out. You see, in Kansas, middle school hoopsters are only allowed something like 16 games in a season. The middle school principal told me that, with luck and scheduling, most teams will get in maybe 12 of those 16 in a season.

The lone purpose of this tournament is to give the student athletes more playing time. And that's important at this age level (7th and 8th grade). The more court time these kids can get outside of practice can only help them develop as athletes, and increase their enjoyment of the game.

No comments: